There are lots of reasons why you might need a complete reinstallation of all of your locks. Sometimes it’s an ex-partner that you don’t want to let back in, or it might be an employee that absconded with a big chunk of your petty cash – not to mention all of the keys to your business. For situations like this, a fresh lock installation is the perfect solution.
Of course, these are not the only scenarios in which you might need a completely new set of locks. Here are a few instances where you might want to replace all of your locks with new ones that only you have the key for – until you pass it out to those who you want to have it.
- Your roommate, partner or houseguest has moved out and they took the keys to your place with them. Unless you change your locks, they will be able to enter your home whenever they want.
- You’ve just had a break in and your doors and locks are damaged and you would feel more secure if all of the locks were replaced as soon as possible.
- You are a landlord and your renter that refused to pay rent for three months has finally moved out – taking your keys with him.
- You are a business owner concerned about employees with keys gaining access to secure areas and you want new locks so that you can start fresh and know exactly who has a key and who doesn’t.
- You have lost your keys somewhere and you are worried that someone will be able to use some kind of identifying marks on them to find your house and gain entry.
- Your locks are old and don’t work very well and you just want to have brand new locks that you are sure will protect you and your family.
Whatever your particular reason, a locksmith is the perfect person to help you change out all of your locks. There are a few reasons for this. First of all, when homeowners install new locks, they often do not install them properly which leaves the door open to unauthorized entry.
Locksmiths also carry the best lock brands and you will probably get a much more secure lock if you let a professional choose and install them than if you went down to the local hardware store and picked some up yourself.
In addition, you want the job done fast and a locksmith is a professional who may install or repair up to a dozen locks a day. That means that they have the skills and experience to get your locks installed much faster than you probably could have done. They can even install your new locks while you are at work or while you are out running errands and nearly all locksmiths are bonded, licensed and insured, depending upon the requirements in your state.
The bottom line is that if you need your locks replaced, trust a professional to the job. You may spend a little extra, but it’s a trade that is well worth it for fast, quality service that is backed up with a professional guarantee.